I am always on a look out for a new place to visit and came across this article from Sun Star regarding Bojo River Cruise in Aloguinsan, Cebu.
How to get there?
There are three routes that you can choose from.
- Cebu to Pinamungajan. From Pinamungajan, you can ride a tricycle going to Aloguinsan. Tricycle fare is around PHP 15-20 pesos.
- Cebu to Toledo to Aloguinsan. From the south bus terminal, ride a bus going to Toledo then transfer to a PUJ that would take you to Aloguinsan. PUJ fare is around PHP 25-30 pesos.
- Direct trip to Aloguinsan from south bus terminal, but the direct trips are rare. Only available on weekends.
Baluarte Heritage Park
The Baluarte Heritage Park situated above sea level. You’ll see a panoramic view of the sea and town of Aloguinsan from the cliff. Also, you can see the ruins of the Baluarte or watchtower that built during the Spanish era in the Philippines. It’s located right at the back of Alouginsan’s Municipal Hall.
Bojo River Cruise
The BojorRiver lies between the islands of Cebu and Negros and it empties into the Tanon Straight. Part of the eco-tourism of this town, local government offers Bojor River tour for only PHP 600 per person for a minimum of four. It already includes welcome drinks, snacks, lunch and river cruise with tour guide. Plus, lecture about Mangrove Ecology, Bird Wildlife, Folklore and history during the entire river cruise.
To arrange your Bojo River tour, you’ll need to call their municipal office at (032) 469-9312 or (032) 469-5604. They also have a website at www.aloguinsan.gov.ph
Hidden Beach Resort
When it comes to accommodations, there are only two decent resorts where you can stay. One of them is the Hidden Beach Resort.
A laid back resort with no air condition rooms and only three fan rooms available located a secluded area. From the town proper, you can hire a habal-habal that would take you to the resort.
Cottages can be rented from P150-500 depending on the size while the fan rooms will cost you P600 each with no limitation on the number of people.
Overall, the place is perfect for a home away from home getaway.
- Laag 21: Wandering Around Oslob (laagannacebuana.wordpress.com)
- Laag 08: Sooo Pandanon (laagannacebuana.wordpress.com)
- Laag 1: Holy Week in San Remigio (laagannacebuana.wordpress.com)
- Laag 02: Budget Friendly Bantayan Island (laagannacebuana.wordpress.com)
- Laag 28: Chillin at the Farm (laagannacebuana.wordpress.com)
- Laag 23: I love Dalaguete Heritage Trail (laagannacebuana.wordpress.com)
- Laag 03: Sayaw Beach (reposted and modified) (laagannacebuana.wordpress.com)
- Laag 26: Two hours in Dumaguete City (laagannacebuana.wordpress.com)
- Laag 27: Discovery and realizations in the Shoe Capital of Cebu (laagannacebuana.wordpress.com)
- Aloguinsan Homestay (tauchenstattmathe.wordpress.com)