A trip to Sagada won’t cost you an arm and a leg. Promise! 🙂
Look out for seat sales going to Manila. My ticket was booked last December and it cost me P1800. Nowadays, round trip tickets are cheaper since there’s no fuel surcharge. Follow, subscribe, and stalk the airlines.
Tours and Transportation
I believe that doing a DIY trip is much cheaper compared to pre-arrange tours through travel agencies. It’s much cheaper if you travel in group as you can divide the cost. If you prefer to travel on solo, make friends with your fellow travelers and joined shared tours.
Tip: Inform your host that you’re looking for companion and ask if there are some guest who would welcome joiners.
Also, you don’t need to go through all the tours. In our case, we didn’t try the Sumaging Cave ‘coz my travel buddy is claustrophobic. And we woke up late following day so we were not able to watch the sunrise at Mt. Kiltepan. The tour we were able to avail was the eco-trail – a trek to hanging coffins, underground river, and falls.
Go for homestays! I stayed at the Residential Lodge for only P250/night per person. The money I’ve spent for transportation and food are expensive compared to the cost of my 3 days and 2 nights accommodation.
Residential Lodge is walking distance from the Tourism Office, Yogurt House, Pepper and Salt Restaurant and SAGGAS office.
A big chunk of your budget goes into your meal. BUT, the servings are huge, so you can share it with friends.An average of P150/meal.
- Prepare around PHP 6,000 for your 3 days and 2 nights in Sagada. You can bring down the cost in what ever way you wanted to.
- Please note that the estimated cost above does not include the pasalubong and other expenses. It’s only applicable for 3 days and 2 nights.
- The P300 tour fee is only applicable to the eco-trail. Tour fees varies depending on your chosen tour packages.
- Tour fees does not include transportation fees.
- Note though that the estimated budget above is only applicable for Sagada trip alone. In our case, we had a side trip in Banaue and Bontoc (quick stop over only).
- You may check the breakdown of our budget here.